If you are concerned about your child and would like to talk to Dyslexia Understood, please don’t hesitate to call for free advice.
Dyslexia Understood offers full diagnostic dyslexia assessments that will help to understand your child’s strengths and the specific areas of difficulty he or she is experiencing. The assessment process includes:
- Completing a questionnaire about the background history of your child
- School completing a brief questionnaire
- 3-hour assessment that assesses: Verbal and Visual Reasoning, Reading, Spelling, Writing, Phonological Awareness, Memory and Motor Co-ordination (if appropriate)
- A detailed report that outlines the outcomes of the assessment and recommendations for further support and strategies, for school and home, to help address the areas of strengths and difficulties identified
- Feedback to discuss the report and clarify anything that you were unsure of